Comix Journal

My Site, My Comix, My Life

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Kanned Korn Research

Hey everyone!
Its been awhile, and I apologize. I get in these moods sometimes. Anyways, here's whats been going on...

I keep track on the statistics of my website. I like to see where people are coming from, where I've been linked to, etc. So I see where somebody has visited my site coming from a URL in Craig's List in Tallahassee, Florida. So I follow it back. It looks like there's a guy selling a record album that contains a comic book, and he's linked it to a comix page of mine to show an accurate description. From looking at his CL ad, he's selling the Canned Heat album, "Canned Heat Cookbook". Along with the album is the Kanned Korn Komix, which he says came with the album.

I never knew that the Kanned Korn Komix was bundled with a record album, but it made sense to me. The comix is in Kennedy's Guide (Fogel's, too), but it has a 10¢ cover price. This is a full-sized comic, with a mini-comic price. Granted, it has only 20 pages, but the price still doesn't seem to match.

Okay, so I contact the seller and make noises that I'd like to buy both the album and the comic. He tells me that he doesn't have any experience dealing in comics. Records are what he knows. He found this album and the comic was inside. He figured that they were supposed to be bundled together. Works for me. I made the deal and got the bundle, which you see here. Now I start doing some research, trying to verify the bundling.

After doing some extensive searching, I've found only two points of interest, both on the same website. Over at the CD BBQ, Index To C, there are two entries, which are...

B12274 CANNED HEAT LP: FUTURE BLUES 53.95 VG+/VG 197?,GFLD,NO COMIC BOOK,RW,WOL LIBERTY LST 11002
G03783 CANNED HEAT LP: FUTURE BLUES 61.95 VG+/VG+ W/KANNED KORN KOMIX STEREO


Based on this sparse information, it looks like the Kanned Korn Komix was not bundled with Canned Heat Cookbook album, but with the Future Blues album. And this is the only reference I could find.

So there you have it. Another little piece of comix history is come to light.

4 Comments:

Blogger oldmilwaukee6er said...

I agree... Canned Heat FUTURE BLUES is the name of the album that the comic was published with. I have seen 1 or 2 that come up with the comic still in them. The comic was printed for release with the album and was also available thru underground comix outlets. ~Om

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey sir real

i bought future blues came out
& can verify the comic was inside
the LP cover - still have both
KingFish

3:31 PM  
Blogger Tiki Troy said...

Just found the comic in my copy of Future Blues and had the same question. Thanks for the answer. Additionally to reassure you, the person I inherited a huge album collection from kept everything in all of his albums. My Dark Side of the Moon has all of the posters etc.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I received today (04/16/20) a four Canned Heat record lot that I purchased on Ebay. The Boogie with Canned Heat LP contained the Kanned Korn Komix in mint condition inside the sleeve with the record. The other 3 records do not include Future Blues. So I’m wondering if the comic book also came with Boogie with Canned Heat? Todd

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home