Comix Journal

My Site, My Comix, My Life

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Vanity Is All

I just got what I think is a brilliant idea. I want to create a new page on my site. I'm going to call it "Sir Real's Vanity Page". What I want to do is contact what few underground comix artists that I know, and plead, beg, and beseech them to do a drawing of me in their own style. I will then assemble the drawings on my vanity page, as a showcase of these artists.

I've already lined up one artist, Ed Wesolowski. His work appears in the American Splendor series, issues #11-15. Now I just have to contact some others. Fact is, I may have to pay some of them to get a piece done. Maybe, someday, if I get enough submissions, artists will contact me to place a drawing of me on the page.

Hey, I can dream, can't I?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could contact Arnold Willis (Lost Cause) who you know and Bebe Williams is still around. PM me at CPG if you need his contact info. I have bought some UG related items off him... Justin (oldmilwaukee6er)

3:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I want to take a whack at doing a piece. I am the most famous UG artist that never was! I'm serious if you'll have one. It's not quite the bragging rights you'll have but what the hey!
Let me know if it floats for you.
Roy-michael (at CPG)

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ed Wesolowski! Great choice! The guy's done some amazing things!

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home