Comix Journal

My Site, My Comix, My Life

My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Saturday, September 15, 2007

My First Slab

Its been awhile since the ComicCon, and I've been neglecting my blog. I've still gotta come up with an idea for my next video.

Anyways, while I was at the Con, I had mentioned to Justin that I was looking for a 1st edition of a Freak Brothers #11. Well lo and behold, he happened to have one that he was willing to sell to me. I jumped on it right away. What you see on the right is what I purchased.

This is truly the first slabbed comix I have ever owned. And let me tell you right now, I'm never going to buy another one. Sure, its in super condition, and verified as a 1st edition. But it might as well be behind a museum glass case. I can't touch it, I can't read it. It is forever out of my reach, and that kind of grates on me.

I don't think I'm going to buy any more slabbed comix.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, Sir Real. I think comic grading is fine for people in it for the money, but as a true comic fan, I would never purchase a graded and sealed comic. What's the point? You may as well just buy a poster of the cover.

5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sir Real,

If you don't like the slab and never have any intention on selling the book, then why not take it out of the slab? If you don't know how to do it, ask Justin, I'm sure he probably knows how to do it.

3:46 PM  
Anonymous MADDOG said...

Hey I just stumbled on your blog. Good stuff here.I agree with Brother j. Why not take it out of the slab and enjoy that precious treasure.

1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home